Friday 10 May 2013

My Fragrance Collection (05.09.13)

Hey everyone!
So today I thought I'd share with you all my fragrance collection. I watch a lot of YouTubers (like a lot...a lot) and I am always so interested when they do collection videos. I love seeing what other people are using and loving. I think a fragrance choice really says something about the person and what their personality is like.

Now my collection is nowhere near as huge as some of the ones I've seen. I've only really just begun seriously collection the past year and a bit. But I am really in love with everything I have (save one...). So without further ado let's jump in!
(Lili Bermuda "Coral" 15ml perfume $105)
Let's start at the very beginning, it's a very good place to start this is the first perfume I ever bought myself. I bought it last April whilst on a family vacation to Bermuda. I knew before we arrived on the island that I wanted to purchase a scent for myself from this perfumery. The company is Lili Bermuda, a local perfumery unique to the island. They have been handcrafting perfumes since 1928. 
(Here is a picture I took outside the perfumery.)
I wanted something that would remind me of Bermuda (the place my grandfather grew up) and I knew I wanted the highest quality. It took me about 30 mins (I left and came back, which is always a good idea when choosing a perfume) to finally decide that "Coral" would be the scent for me. Here are the notes:
"Clementine and ginger, freesia, tuberose, nectar of rose, orange blossom and hydrangea are warmed with subtle woods, black pepper and musk blend"
 I love it! Everytime I wear it I am immediately brought back to Bermuda and the smell of the blooming flowers combined with the the ocean breeze. I feel like I'm back on my little moped zipping around with a big grin on my face. 
 
(Chanel "Coco Mademoiselle" 3.4 oz eau de parfum $115)





The next perfume I received was this "Coco Mademoiselle" by Chanel. I had hinted pretty hard for a while at my boyfriend that I wanted this perfume. It was one of the perfumes that I would always spray on my self when passing by a place like Sephora. I was so excited when I unwrapped the beautiful Chanel box this past Christmas. And SHOCKED when I saw the size of the bottle and perfume quality. My love had bought me the biggest size and in an Eau de Parfum! Apparently that was the box the sales lady handed him (thank you sales lady!). Here are the notes:  

 "Top Notes: Orange, Bergamot, Grapefruit
Mid Notes: Litchi, Rose, Italian Jasmine
Base Notes: Indonesian Patchouli, Haitian Vetiver, Bourbon Vanilla, White Musk" 
 
All of those fancy sounding ingredients combine to create a beautiful warm floral scent with a hint of sweetness that makes me feel girly yet sophisticated. I'm not typically one who is drawn to floral notes, as they that almost always give me an insta-headache. But there is something about the slight spice and warm notes that make this an increibley wearable and sexy floral perfume.


More recently I purchased this perfume by Dior.Gah, this perfume is just so sexy. Dior Addict is definitely an evening perfume as it's a deeper scent. I had wanted this perfume ever since first year university. My roommate had a bottle of this, and on special occasion she let me have a spritz. It always made me feel so luxurious. There is something to be said about knowing you're wearing something by houses like Dior and Chanel.

 (Dior "Dior Addict" .67 oz eau de parfum $45)
 
Here are the notes: 

"Silk Tree Flower, Mandarin Leaf, Orange Blossom, Queen of the Night Flower, Bulgarian Rose, Bourbon Vanilla Absolute, Mysore Sandalwood, Tonka Bean"

I can't say enough good things about this perfume. When I purchased it, the saleslady even commented saying, "Oh this, this is a goooood choice." If you get the chance take a sniff of this.

(Lavinila "Pure Vanilla" 1 oz eau de parfum $42)
 
The next perfume is one I gravitate towards more in the cooler months. "Pure Vanilla" by Lavanila was love at first sniff with me. I have always loved the smell of vanilla. Whenever I'm baking I always take a moment to have a good sniff of the vanilla extract. It's just such a delicious scent that is rich without being complicated. This is pretty much as simple as you can get. The notes are:

"Fresh Madagascar Vanilla with warm touch of Soft Patchouli and Pure Tonka Bean."

The rest of my fragrances are body mists from Bath & Bodyworks. I actually really love these mists! They come a million different scents and because they're not perfumes, you don't have to be as afraid of over doing it. Spritz freely my friend! 

(Bath & Bodyworks "Forever Sunshine" and "Malibu Heat")

These first two are my favourite! "Forever Sunshine" is the perfect scent for a warm summer's evening. It's a cozy smell but there is something about it that is definitely reminiscent of summer sun. Here are the notes:

Top Notes: Juicy tangerine, golden apricot, sparkling mandarin, exotic berries
Mid Notes: Gardenia petals, freesia, pink peonies
Dry Notes: Vanila bean gelato, creamy sandalwood, nuzzly musks, a touch of sweet praline 
 
"Malibu Heat" smells like the most delicious island cocktails. I got a lot of use out of this one when my boyfriend and I went to The Bahamas. I gravitate towards this on those sunny warm summer days. I love wearing it with a great tan and shorts with a tank. Here are the notes:

 Top Notes: Fresh mandarin, california orange, crisp pear, juicy pineapple
Mid Notes: Orange blossom, lily of the valley, coconut water
Dry Notes: Creamy coconut milk, vanilla, sandalwood, sunny musk 



 (Bath & Bodyworks "Cashemere Glow")
 
Last, and sort of least is "Cashmere Glow". It's not that it's a bad scent, it's just not what I was hoping for. I bought this after having used the lotion version for months. Everytime I wore the lotion people would comment about how lovely I smelt. So I thought it would be a great idea to pick up the body mist! It doesn't smell exactly like the lotion though. This is a bit to cinnamon bun like for me right now. I think perhaps I will get more enjoyment out of it come fall. Here are the notes:

Top Notes: Bergamot, golden peach, pink guava, exotic berries, gilded apricot
Mid Notes: Glowing muguet petals, mimosa, fluffy peony, fresh jasmine
Dry Notes: Shimmering vanilla, dulce de leche, sandalwood, cashmere musk 

And that my beautiful friends is my fragrance collection. Not huge by any means, but the perfect size for me right now. It suits all my needs for every occasion. I really love everything I have.

What are some of your favourite fragrances? What do you have your eye on? 

Follow me on Twitter @erin_bulger   Follow me on Instagram @erinbulger 
 



  

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment