Monday 13 May 2013

Polka Dotty OOTD (05.13.13.)


Hey Everyone!
I hope you're all having beautiful days! The sun is shinning here so I thought I'd take advantage of the beautiful light and snap an outfit of the day for you. This morning I had an interview for a really amazing and trendy restaurant near my home. I wanted to keep my outfit fresh and simple while still showing off my bubbly personality.
(Polka Dot Dress: thrifted $9.99 , AE Cardigan: thrifted $2. , Nine West Shoes: thrifted $5. Aldo Purse $20.)
I seriously can't get enough of this dress! I picked it up last week at a local thrift shop and squealed for joy when it zipped up. It's a strapless dress with lace and bead detailing round the bottom plus a pop of crinoline (drool). 

(Wet n' Wild nail polish in "Candy-licious")
Since it's a strapless, I popped  a light sweater over top to cover my shoulders. If you can't tell I am loving these Nine West shoes I picked up in Bermuda. They're the perfect summer shoe with just the slightest wedge heel.

(hopefully this will be me jumping for joy that I got the job... I really hope!!)
(who wouldn't want to hire this face?!)
I kept my hair and makeup very simple. I used light purple eyeshadow shades with a slight winged liner to keep with the retro feel of my dress. I topped it all off with a juicy pink lip. For my hair I just ran a curling iron through it to create soft loose curls (and forgot the hairspray so they quickly feel out).
To try and keep myself busy today (I'm feeling like I drank 50 cups of coffee I'm so jittery and nervous) while I wait for the result, I'm going to go do some more thrifting! Woot woot! One of my current favourite shops is having a 50% off sale today. Say what?! Oh yess my friends. 
-xo Erin

What are some of your favourite thriftshop finds?

 Twitter: @erin_bulger           Instagram: @erinbulger

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

  1. I love the dress and hair comboo. It's very 1950's pin up girl (in a good way). Did you hear back from the restaurant?

    Good luck!

    Salli
    xxx

    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Salli, thank you! That was exactly the look I was going for. I didn't get that job, but I did wear this outfit to a interview yesterday (with a red lip this time) and I got the job! Woot :D

      Delete
  2. omg I love your dress :)
    This polka dot killed me!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about the polka dots! Thanks :D

      Delete
  3. Love that dress, it's so cute!

    purple--flamingo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It makes me feel so girly every time I wear it.

      Delete
  4. You look gorgeous..and I love the dress! :)

    Xo,
    Amor GLAMOROZA.NET

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh i love your dress!

    http://www.walkoffashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wore this dress to another interview yesterday and I got the job! :D Happy dance.

      Delete
  6. you look pretty with that dress and cardigan xx
    http://girlonstreet.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice dress !!! And i also like how you styled it with the cardigan and the flat shoes.
    So girly and cute!!!
    Natassa,
    xxx

    http://novembrebeaute.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natassa, I really love it. I've been wearing it every opportunity I've gotten lately.

      Delete
  8. I absolutely love this dress; it looks beautiful on you! (: x

    ♥Sierra of Stylishly Sierra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Sierra! I'm kind of having a love affair with this dress. Also, thank you so much for the follow on Bloglovin'! I REALLY love your blog, so I'm very excited to have you.

      Delete